CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Kefir grains don't look right

grzbear Views: 1,846
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,730,345

Re: Kefir grains don't look right

Mine tend to grow like you are describing...

Kefir grains can change in appearance for any number of reasons including, the type of milk you use, temperature they are held at, etc.

If they are *growing*... they are likely very healthy and I would not fret about it.

In addition, If you are anything but gentle with them, you will find that these *chains* will easily, dependent upon temperature held at, break apart.

>>"are my non-granular grains ok?"<<

they are okay.

>>"Are they just a different variety?"<<

There is something you need to know about microflora, within different environments, they can, and do change form and function; the food you give them (what kind of milk - or other growing medium), temperature, pH, humidity, etc. etc.

They are likely the same as those you have purchased with the possible exception of any variety (ies) of microflora that have joined the *chain* as introduced to them... This makes them stronger IMO.

Extrapolate that to the environment of, and the microflora in, your gut... what kind of environment do you provide for them; food and liquids do you feed them?

Again, they are fine if you are seeing growth.

grz-

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.875 sec, (1)