CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: discouraged and Mirena questions

Clarkia Extra Strong
Clarkia Tincture 2 oz, 4 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

End Constipation Now
Let oxygen remove old, impacted fecal matter as it detoxifies and...

More
More
happyfamily6 Views: 1,750
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,744,149

Re: discouraged and Mirena questions

I am 13 months post removal and had an MRI for MS last January when I was 3 months post. It was normal (and I pray yours is too!!!).

Here are some of my thoughts. First, my Dr. said it would take 2 months for the hormones to rebalance. But I have read on this forum by others that Drs. have said it will take anywhere from 4 weeks to 18 months for the hormones to rebalance, so I'm thinking they just don't know everything they think they know about the Mirena, since they can't come to a consensus. It probably varies from person to person. I was on the pill for 15 years and then had the Mirena. Now I'm hormone free, so I'm not surprised that it's taking longer for my hormones to rebalance. It's been a long time since my body has had to regulate its own hormones without help. It can be a long process for some people to rebalance their hormones. My friend's Dr., who is a regular MD in my HMO (not a naturopath) refuses to give the Mirena to his patients because of the reactions women are having and his extensive study of it.

Also, my friend developed MS in her twenties. It went into remission, and then she had the Mirena placed in her thirties. It triggered her MS at that point, and she was out of remission. There is the aspect of hormonal imbalance, which can take time to resolve, but also the aspect of having a foreign object in your body, which can continue to cause problems as long as it's in. I was having many problems with the Mirena, but within weeks of having it removed, my wrist/joint pain disappeared. I still have neurological issues, especially a fuzzy, tingly, rushing feeling in my head and muscle weakness. Also some twitching, tingling, and partial numbness. I don't know if I've developed an illness. The Drs. say I have a non-specific autoimmune disease, but I am stronger than I was last year around the time I had it out. My recovery, which has been a roller coaster, only began after I had it out. My neurologist agreed that a foreign object in the body, if not related to life support (ie. a pacemaker), should be reconsidered if one is having new health problems after placement. I certainly had no health problems AT ALL until the Mirena was placed. I don't know if the Mirena was the sole cause of it, or if it triggered something else that I will deal with my whole life. But having it out was the first step, and now I'm trying desperately to heal and rebalance.

Just my thoughts ;)

Keep posting!
Diana

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

11.155 sec, (2)