CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: discouraged and Mirena questions

happyfamily6 Views: 1,836
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,744,408

Re: discouraged and Mirena questions

Nile, that's exactly how I would describe it for me. Good and bad days while on the Mirena. For the first year, the only trouble I had was wrist tendonitis and occasional dizziness and nausea, which I attributed to the Mirena hormones since the pill always made me nauseated. The more severe problems, which made me start looking for answers (since I hadn't suspected the IUD before) started 1 year and 8 months after insertion. But once my health started to really falter, the problems escalated quickly, especially the neurological ones. Within one month I went from feeling like something was not "right" (recurrent strep and yeast infections, malaise, fatigue, low-grade fever, and hair loss) to feeling like an advanced MS patient (numbness, shakiness, vision distortion, nausea, tingling, chills up and down my spine, a rushing feeling in my head like hyperventilation, night sweats, waking up out of a sound sleep with adrenaline rush, and the beginnings of the muscle weakness - especially on my right side - which still plagues me and seems to be worsening. After a month of feeling like that, thinking I was dying early and researching madly, I had the IUD out. Still, I would say that after 13 months, at least half of those symptoms are gone now, or very slight and infrequent. I have more energy and strength to function. The symptoms that are left scare me though!

I often wonder what an MRI of my head would look like now. I can't afford another MRI, but I did have a ton of blood work done recently and am still waiting on results. In fact, I'm going to call about them right now.

:)
Diana

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.750 sec, (1)