CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Trying to interpret brain MRI report

fabteach Views: 1,419
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,745,388

Re: Trying to interpret brain MRI report

Hi,
Those reports are so hard to interpret and researching them on the internet just left me more confused and on a rollercoaster of emotions. My MRI said occasional areas of punctate, which means pin dot size spots. It said they were not diagnostic of MS, but early MS could not be excluded completely (I could have done without that last phrase being included). My neurologist said it was impossible to know if those spots were normal for my brain or if they meant anything. Still, it never feels good to hear there are spots on your brain. None of those other possibilities you mentioned for what the spots mean were mentioned to me. Although, from my research, people who suffer from migraines have spots and the elderly have them from aging. I am only 31 and not a migraine sufferer, so the spots do have me worried. I am having a spinal tap on Thursday and praying it is negative for MS. If it is, I am headed straight to the doctor to get the Mirena out! I will pray for answers for you as you meet with the neurologist. Please keep us updated with what he says.
Trisha

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

7.031 sec, (1)