CureZone   Log On   Join
All dental implants are a flawed concept? Microgap around the implants.

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
Aragorn Views: 29,275
Published: 10 years ago

All dental implants are a flawed concept? Microgap around the implants.

Hey guys!

My twice-rootcanaled and twice-apicoectomied molar keeps giving me some pain once in a while. I hate loosing a tooth. I visited a very holistic dentist who strongly promotes the concept of extracting all rootcanaled teeth with removal of surrounding (infected) bone. I was seriously considering a zirconia implant, but this dentist says that all implants are basically doomed to give constant problems, not because of material of implant, but simply because thereís a microgap around an implants where gum touches the implant. He says that thereís no way to avoid that gap and this will be a source of constant problems (infection, etc) because gum wonít attach to the foreign body (implant).

I think it makes sense, but I have a question. Is that really a big problem? Do implants always give problems because of that gap? Can the crown edge go lower so that gum wouldnít touch the implant but the crown? Or, will it change anything? Besides this micro gap issue, I canít get the idea of bone grafting. To put a piece of dead human body in my mouth? Or a cow bone (how do they feed cows these days)? Or synthetic? This doesnít sound much holistic to me.

The option that this dentist offers if a permanent bridge with gold base. The bridge will cost me 3 times the cost of a zirconia implant, which is ridiculous. He says the bridge will outlive me and the two supporting teeth will not have their life span reduced even though they will be cut, because he claims using low-speed drills which prevent overheating the pulp, along with some other measures.

What do you think about all that? Are all implants doomed to give some problems because of the gap? Or, is that problem overstated?

Please, give me your take on that.
Thanks!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.328 sec, (1)