Professional Powder beats Fluoride!

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Hveragerthi Views: 1,991
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,749,958

Re: goitrogens

What goitrogenic foods are best to eliminate from my diet to counter hypothyroidism...hair loss and body temp avg of 96.3?I take 500mg of iodine daily

Hopefully you mean 500mcg.

and the thyroid formula but they don't help.(male-age 61)

There is a lot more to thyroid function than simply diet.  Even chronic stress, elevated estrogen levels, swimming in pools (chlorine) or sitting in hot tubs (bromine), or showering or bathing in chlorinated/fluoridated water can adversely affect the thyroid to name a few.  Then there is autoimmune hypothyroidism.

I know its not possible to stop all goitrogenic foods so I'll try some of the most goitrogenic.I have stopped broccoli and one tablespoon of ground flax seed daily.Are they the worst offenders?Any others to cut out?

Flax is going to the worst since it is high in goitrogens and is not cooked or fermented to reduce those goitrogens.  Broccoli and its relatives are really not a problem if cooked since the cooking does a pretty good job of inactivating goitrogens.  Same for other goitrogenic plants.  Fermenting these plants will also reduce their gotirogens.

Assuming the hair loss is from a low thyroid how long will it take to grow back?Have you seen this happen very often?.It may just be male pattern baldness but it accelerated from age 59-61 which leads me to suspect hypothyroidism.

First thing to determine is if it is from a thyroid issue.   Male pattern baldness (MPB) gets its name from the pattern in which the hair falls out.  Basically from the temples to top back of the head.  This is because dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is what causes MPB and there are more DHT receptors in the temple area and top of the head.  Hypothyroidism will cause hair to fall out all over randomly.  Hair loss can even extend to the rest of the body.  And still there are other causes such as some drugs, some heavy metals and autoimmune alopecia.

The second factor is if the hair follicle is dead.  If dead the hair is not going to grow back.  If there is still fuzz then the hair follicles are still alive and there is hope.

Regardless though it will take time for the hair to grow back out.  But of course the cause still needs to be addressed first or you will still continue to lose hair growing back in.

What has been your personal experience with goitrogenic foods and thyroid correction?

I rarely run across this since most goitrogenic foods people consume are either cooked and/or fermented.  Flax seed  is a big exception.  Severe hypothyroidism can usually be traced back to other things such as extreme stress, hormones and halogens in the waters we are exposed to.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

3.781 sec, (2)