Re: Pain Reliever

Free Dentist Alternative!
Professional Powder beats Fluoride!

Google Advertisement
Hveragerthi Views: 1,695
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,751,398

Re: Pain Reliever

Joint pain throughout, neck muscle pain and very sore and weak legs. I tried ginger, and it helped slightly but it didn't last very long.

I also get debilitating menstrual cramps. I take magnesium malate and a hot bath, and that helps some but I'm wondering if there's anything stronger I can take.

For the muscle tightness and pain taking the magnesium malate on a regular basis will help since the magnesium is a muscle relaxant.  But it does this by antagonizing calcium, which is a muscle contractor.  Therefore it is important in this case to take the magnesium in the absence of calcium.  If you take calcium-magnesium do this before bed to help you sleep while taking the magnesium alone during the day when you are active.  Elevated serum calcium from hyperparathyroidism or pseudohyperparathyroidism can also cause this.  You should have your serum calcium and PTH levels checked.  If they are high then staying away from high phosphorus sources will help such as red meat, dairy and colas.  Vitamin D can also help.  Even though this increases calcium intake, low levels can cause hyperparathyroidsm.

As for the joints, silica and vitamin C sources can help build up the joints and reduce inflammation.  Boswellia, licorice root and yucca root are the most effective anti-inflammatories.  For chronic pain there is an amino acid called DL-phenylalanine (DLPA), which raises dopamine levels, the body's own pain killer.  It takes a few weeks to kick in, but once it does the effects last a month or more.  Recommended dose is 500mg three times daily at least 39 minutes before meals.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.457 sec, (1)