CureZone   Log On   Join
Advice For My Dog Please!

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

Better Than Colonics. Period.
Oxygen Detoxification for both small and large intestine...

More
More
Wawaweewa25 Views: 1,670
Published: 10 years ago

Advice For My Dog Please!

Hey all,

Long story as short as possible, I have a very loving, awesome, rad 15 year old Cocker Spaniel. He's seriously the best dog in the world and about 4 years ago was diagnosed with Cushing's Disease. At the time I was an immature kid that didn't know much so I went with whatever the vet said and that was that.

His initial symptoms were the common ones:

-excessive panting, excessive thirst
-extreme hair loss on his back
-dry, unhealthy looking hair
-frequent urination
-loss of muscle and pot belly

The doc got him on Mitotane for a while and that improved his symptoms some, but he became very lethargic, didn't want to exercise at all and although his Cushing's symptoms were better, he looked miserable.

We switched him over to Trilostane and he has been doing much better on that for the past 2.5-3 years. He is currently on 60mg once a day.

I was doing some research on natural things to help him and came across Colloidal Silver and Iodine being suggested.

Also came across the BARF diet and all this got me thinking:

Questions:

1) I've read that Trilostane should be tapered off as the dogs symptoms start to improve. I will consult with my vet, but wanted someone's take on how to taper off?

2) The one side effect of the Trilostane is he has gotten EXTREMELY skinny! He was 30-35 lbs before and is down to 19lbs! Will this go away as I taper him off the med?

3) I just started implementing the BARF diet, basically feeding him 2 separate portions morning and night. I have read the Blood Sugar is key to managing Cushing's, would feeding him 3-4x a day be better?

Overall he is happy, he runs around and I just want to do all I can so he can enjoy the time he has left. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sunny

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.468 sec, (1)