CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Magnesium deficiency and imbalances (edit)

Js.mom Views: 8,211
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,761,006

Re: Magnesium deficiency and imbalances (edit)

Specifically look up Magnesium deficiency and anxiety, depression, and insomnia.

All those people that get put on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety med's...how much would it piss you off to discover that the core cause to begin with may very well have been a magnesium deficiency?

"Multiple studies, readily available on PubMed, have confirmed that magnesium deficiencies can be a cause of anxiety and other nervous disorders."

I guarantee you that Dr's would never look for it, and even if they did, their tests are flawed. In a conversation I just had with a Nurse Practitioner, he verified that too.

(edit)
Tidbits from different articles:

"Magnesium deficiency is one of the most common nutritional deficiencies. The typical Western diet contains only about two-thirds of the RDA for this mineral. Other factors that can promote magnesium deficiency include chronic stress, certain diseases (e.g., inflammatory bowel disease and heart disease) and the use of diuretics and some other medications. (3) Symptoms of magnesium deficiency include anxiety, fatigue, depression, irritability, fear, restlessness, insomnia, faintness, hyperventilation, muscle cramps and twitches, intestinal complaints, tightness in the chest, poor attention, confusion, and memory loss. These symptoms are remarkably similar to those of patients diagnosed with anxiety disorder. A large proportion of patients report that taking a magnesium supplement, with or without calcium, helps their anxiety to some extent, and occasionally the results are dramatic"

"Contrary to what you might think, muscles that are worn out or short on energy contract, rather than relax. One of the other functions of magnesium is to insure that electrical signals are conducted properly through the body. A correct magnesium/calcium balance can calm nerve cells and head them off from firing pain signals to the brain.
Those contracted muscles are the root of a lot of back pain. Muscle spasms on both sides of the spine will result in a stiff, painful lower back that can be hard to stretch or work out well enough to achieve any real relief. Most lower back pain is caused by muscle spasm or strain, not by bulging disks or other spine-related problems."

"When I suspect magnesium deficiency, I always test for zinc deficiency, which commonly leads to poor assimilation of magnesium because gastric acid is low"

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.969 sec, (2)