CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Picture, Is it mold or mildew, can you tell??

Blood Worms?
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Tizona Views: 3,132
Published: 11 years ago
This is a reply to # 1,766,848

Re: Picture, Is it mold or mildew, can you tell??

the thing is this, mildew IS mold!

There is no difference. because mildew is a type of mold.

Regardless of what name you give it, you have got a fungus growing on your carpet. Whether you call it mold or mildew is pretty much completely and totally irrelevant.

And if you're apartment manager wants to tell you that mildew is NOT mold, then please get hin to explain exactly what it is?

this is a serious problem. You can't just stand around. You have to get right on top of it

I have personally found that high concentrations of hydrogen peroxide are the best thing. The 3% solution you get at the drugstore is just not good enough though. Will not work. Bleach does not work either. isopropyl alcohol also does not work very well.

The solution has to be 8% hydrogen peroxide or higher. It is available online. Or you might find a specific brand of non-chlorine bleach (Ecover) at your local health food store, which is just simply 8% hydrogen peroxide

Your best bet is to buy some 35% hydrogen peroxide from the website called "Guardian of eden”

That way you can mix up whatever percentage you want to use. Just be aware that the higher concentrations can slightly bleach fabric and carpet. But it's better than dying from mold poisoning

for something like carpet or walls you can try 12% or higher concentration. I have found that 8% is a bit harsh on the skin. Anything higher than that you do not want to get directly on your skin

Once you spray it on their be sure that it has air flow all the way around so it can dry

But of course if there is still a source of moisture or water seeping into the environment then all of that is worthless. Any kind of mold infestation is the result of moisture or water seeping in. You MUST be sure to address that issue first and foremost

The above link is where you can get the 35% hydrogen peroxide from. Below link gives a detailed explanation of how to address mold. it has a good mold killing formula about one quarter way down the page that uses peroxide and boric acid

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!


Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022

6.328 sec, (2)