CureZone   Log On   Join
What kinds of doctors/tests should I be looking for?

hope4myadrenals Views: 2,258
Published: 11 years ago

What kinds of doctors/tests should I be looking for?

OK. I have only been to a mainstream doctor and endocrinologist, and neither have helped over the last 2 years. In fact, my endocrinologist put me on hydrocortisone when my cortisol was probably already high. He did not test my saliva prior to prescribing the HC. I think the HC made my cortisol shoot higher, causing panic and anxiety I hadn't had prior to the HC, therefore making me crash more. Also, last time I went to my regular doctor, I didn't learn of my exact results until 6 months after the fact, and I saw that I had very low DHEA, and nobody did anything about it!

I am planning on seeing a new doctor, not covered by insurance, but have no clue what kind of doctor to look for. Homeopathic, naturopathic? There are very few natural drs around where I live, and the few I've unearthed seem to focus on just accupuncture. What kinds of things should I screen these doctors for? Should I ask them if they do...

-hair/mineral testing
-saliva tests
-accupunture
-homeopathic meds (although most homeopathic meds I see in stores are in a lactose base, and lactose makes me sick)

I found a local doctor who supposedly specializes in "Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy, Thyroid Insufficiencies, and Adrenal Fatigue." This doctor is a regular MD though, not an ND. This doctor's office doesn't do hair mineral testing. I kind of want to know what vitamins and minerals I am low in. I take a ton of vitamins and don't even know which ones my specific body needs or doesn't need. So I kind of really want to go the hair mineral testing route. But I also want someone who actually does regular blood work, too. What criteria have you guys looked for in finding your current doctors?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.328 sec, (1)