CureZone   Log On   Join
Help! How to remove penicillium mold spores.
Mark27 Views: 17,515
Published: 11 years ago

Help! How to remove penicillium mold spores.

Does anyone have any idea how to removed penicillium mold spores? Here's my story. I was living in an apartment for 2 years before I realised that it was heavily contaminated with mold. I became very sick and once I realised what was causing it I moved to a new apartment. However, I made the HUGE mistake of bringing all my belongings with me. I've been in the new place now for around 7 months and all my symptoms have returned. Not quite as bad as before but I'm still not well and I know it's because I've reinfected my new place. I have since thrown out all furniture that could hold the mold spores....couches, mattress, carpets and I have also decluttered everywhere so that I don't have stuff lying around collecting dust and mold spores.

I guess my question is, is it possible to somehow with time and a good hepa vacuum cleaner and having the windows open a lot, possible to get rid of most of the mold spores I brought with me to my new place to the point where I'm no longer effected. Or am I going to have to consider moving again. Summer is coming and I think having the windows open all the time is definitely going to help but I don't know if it's going to help enough.

I have a Miele sealed hepa vacuum cleaner which is suppose to stop anything 0.1 microns and smaller (penicillium is suppose to be around 2.8 microns I think). Do you guys know if these vacuum cleaners actually stop all the mold from going through? There must be tons of mold spores that have been fragmented from walking on them and stuff like that which would make them much smaller and possibly let them go through the hepa filter no?

I also heard that washing everything down with ammonia is good for neutralizing the mycotoxins from penicillium mold but again, I'm not sure if this is true.

All I know is that I have been cleaning everyday with ammonia and with the hepa vacuum cleaner and I'm still reacting to stuff.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. This has been going on for over 3 years now and I am seriously at my wits end. Mold is a terrible terrible thing.
Thanks for you help guys,

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!


Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022

1.392 sec, (2)