CureZone   Log On   Join
Made my first cayenne tincture - please help!

dreamhouse Views: 1,600
Published: 11 years ago

Made my first cayenne tincture - please help!

I made it yesterday. I used in total 450gr of 3 different fresh cayennes (habaneros, scotch bonnets and cumaris) being that maybe 50gr was dried. I followed the cayenne tincture instructions.

The fresh chillis filled my Blendtec jar to the 500ml mark which was unaltered after I mixed in the 100 proof alcohol, (about 250ml) to make the mush, I mixed in the dried chillis (already soaked in about 200ml alcohol) and after that filled the tincture quart jar to half it´s capacity. I filled up the rest of the jar with the remaining 550ml 100 proof alcohol. So in total I used 450gr cayennes and 1 quart 100 proof alcohol.

Now comes the part I want help with: I let it sit until this morning and there was no separation between the mush and the alcohol. Just a fine alcohol stream could be seen in the middle of the jar, but that was all. Please tell me what I did wrong, if that´s the case, and how to correct it.

Thank you so.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.937 sec, (1)