CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I am looking bad and loosing more weight.

TonyOrlando Views: 2,264
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,815,879

Re: I am looking bad and loosing more weight.

Thx, I like the points you make about oxidative stress and agree wholeheartedly about testing. I learned a little trick from Art Ayer's blog, coolinginflammation, that you can gauge your antioxidant status, in a crude way, by how much vitamin c you can take without inducing diarrhea. Anything over 4 grams indicates a problem. I also think it's something that people tend to overlook and can bottleneck progress.

I also agree about bacteria in the small bowel. There should be none in the proximal, and very low in the distal. You'll never keep them out of the ileum, but I think the lower the better. Whenever I'm feeling a little sluggish, I knock back the anaerobes in the ileum and instantly feel better.

I think we're all different regarding how much bacteria we can handle in the small bowel without being bothered.

My point on the colon wall needing to be functional before the small bowel is partly from experience, and partly from research I've read regarding a protein KGF-2, which is an epithelial growth factor produced by bacteroides species. I suspect there are other growth factors provided by commensals.

IMO, the bacterial engine in the cecum has to be working and moving waste along in order for the small bowel contractions to successfully push material in. When it's not working (slow), either from lack of bacteria or excess of yeast, material tends to stagnate in the ileum and sets up the anaerobic bacteria/putrefaction dysbiosis that I think is more common than people realize.

I did a lot of work on the small bowel trying to get rid of SIBO, but it kept coming back until that engine in the cecum came back on. Restoring bile flow helped a lot too. Shortly after that, my small bowel issues improved greatly. I think it's something that I will always have to watch though.

T.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

2.688 sec, (1)