CureZone   Log On   Join
Can parasites cause inflammation?

lzqosoz94 Views: 6,758
Published: 11 years ago

Can parasites cause inflammation?

Hi i'm 17 and have had stomach problems for almost a year now, they came on suddenly, we did a rectal swab and the tropical disease doc had me do 2 or 3 courses of meds for parasites. I got slightly better before becoming very ill with C diff. I never recovered, my stomach has been so messed up, the next doc thinks the new problem is candida, so we do 40 days of nystatin, but this doesn't do much. The next doctor says he thinks i have ulcerative colitis, maybe from c diff still, maybe from supplements (he went far out on a limb here), but he thinks parasites are not a possibility although i've been to mexico and jamaica this year.

He claims parasites don't cause inflammation, but he and I can feel swelling on my right side, at the beginning of the colon, and this is where the bubbling and swelling begins whenever i eat, then creeps up the colon and i usually have diarrhea after solid meals.

He wants me to get a colonoscopy for the 2nd time, and more stool samples, he thinks the only valid parasite to look for is giardia. The other tropical disease doctor says its parasites (he thinks this based off looking at all my paperwork and my recently very high eosinophil count).

I have 2 choices, try albendazole with humatin for a bit and do another rectal swab to check for dead critters (the other doc claims this may hurt me more)
Or
Do more stool samples, and go through another colonoscopy.

Please help, its been to long, summer has started and i already fear it will not exist for me since i can't enjoy food or exercise anymore.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

8.047 sec, (1)