CureZone   Log On   Join
Micafungin

slate01 Views: 3,072
Published: 10 years ago

Micafungin

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a rough idea of how much Micafungin costs per ampoule? Ive been suffering from candida for the last 21 years and have tried many fluconazole many times not to mention numerous herbs.

I've started to see a Clinical Microbiologist who said he was prepared to prescribe voriconazole, although I said I would prefer Casponfungin as it is effective against biofilms. He said he couldn't because it is far too expensive. I would take Voriconazole if i thought it would help, but from what i've read it simply doesn't work against biofilms. My Dr seems to think it does but I just think he wants to get rid of me. SO I was thinking that maybe another echinocandin like micafungin would be a bit cheaper and maybe he could prescribe that. Micafungin is proven to be active against biofilms also.

BTW I submitted some of the slime that I produced to this Dr for analysis using a scanning electron microscope (SEM). This is the best way to view biofilms supposedly. I got the results today and was told there was no candida found encased in the slime/mucus that I submitted, although there were a few yeast cells seen around the specimen. I was totally pissed off when I got the results. I was so convinced that it would show a living biofilm. The only thing I can think is that maybe the coconut oil that I used to strip the mucus killed the candida in the biofilm in the process. Anyway I'm going to see if i can submit another specimen maybe have it analysed to see what the mucus is made from. If it's a biofilm it should be made up of polysaccharides. I'll keep you posted.

I'm also thinking of having a skin biopsy taken from a rash that I have on the back of my upper arms. It also goes down part of my back to my waist. It flares up when I eat sugars, I'm sure it's related. I may see if he can analyse that under an SEM too. Does anyone else have this rash.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers

Slate.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.859 sec, (1)