Thank you, Dr Bailey, for confirming what I thought. I actually took my first dose before you replied. :)
And Comsat, you are quite right in what you say. Fasting in Ramadan is not required of people who are ill.
That being said, I do consider myself to be reasonably healthy, and will only give in to drinking in the daytime if bad die-off symptoms occur.
I chuckled at your "any Imam with some senses left" because indeed there is a bumper crop of no-mind ones out there.
(Fortunately/unfortunately, spiritual paths today are not well represented by those who purport to be followers... but that is a whole other discussion.)
I'm going to document my cleanse as best I can, and will give updates as I go along.
Here's where I'm hoping for improvements:
- Hemorrhaging inside my eyeballs, called "idiopathic vasculitis" by the ophthalmologists, causes unknown
- Pain in my left knee
- Debilitating backaches twice a year
- Odd pains in my feet now and then
- Stubborn belly fat
- Occasional sharp pain under my rib cage on the right
- Very sensitive skin (I bruise easily) and scalp (brushing my hair hurts!)
- A variety of skin tags and moles
- Sensitive right ear
- Tight jaw muscles and inability to "open wide"
- Snoring (it's bad!)
- White coating on tongue, for as long as I can remember
- Weak fingernails
- Occasional feeling of being unable to take a deep breath (this goes back a long way...)
For the eye problem, I've had tons of blood tests to rule out possible causes. The docs can't find a thing -- ha ha