CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Selenium Toxicity

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Google Advertisement
Hveragerthi Views: 1,949
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,839,975

Re: Selenium Toxicity

I had the test redone by Quest diagnostics, and it's still coming in at 1350. I had never had selenium tested prior to the 1675 results, so I have nothing else to compare it to.

I do have the following symptoms: irritability and lack of energy, but I attribute that to my adrenals.

My liver enzymes were normal.

I stopped taking the selenium and then went in for testing, so I'm assuming that's why it went down some. Is there anything I can do to decrease this?

Chromium, zinc, sulfur and magnesium are all selenium antagonists.

My Dr. is only saying that being off of the supplement should do it, but I can't imagine the supplement would cause that high of numbers unless there was some sort of issue with my body utilizing it.

Also, my zinc levels always show low on my labs, despite supplementing 50 mg. a day for over a year.

One possibility is that you are not absorbing the zinc from a lack of stomach acid.  Another possibility is that you are getting too much copper from somewhere, which displaces zinc.  For example, if your water is leaching copper from copper plumbing.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

3.125 sec, (1)