CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Gavster and any other ppl

Iolite Views: 1,928
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,861,921

Re: Gavster and any other ppl

Then it sounds like you are dealing with AF. You could try something like Relora or Seriphos taken at 9pm along with some melatonin (you may need more than 3mg -- when I was at my worst, I was taking 30mg of melatonin) to see if you can fall asleep by 10pm. Tryptophan can help too. Although start low, cause it can give you a killer hangover headache if you take too much. You might need to take more melatonin or try the timed release kind or take more Relora before bed. If you wake up in the morning with pain in weird places (like top of foot, bottom of feet, legs..etc) and/or nauseous then that is a sign that you've lowered your cortisol too much.

If you can get your sleep pattern normalized, it will go a long way in helping your AF. Adding B-complex and C will be helpful for the adrenals. You may have to start low and build up. It seems everyone here has had the gamut of reactions and tolerating dosage. Ashwaganda is good for both high and low cortisol, from what I understand. If you feel like snail slime during the day, try some licorice with it. Don't forget the salt. Some folks really underestimate how important salt is to the adrenals. Just a pinch in your water when you're feeling really wrung out will make a noticeable difference.

Be aware though, that doing this without knowing what your cortisol levels are is a lot like walking around in the dark. You can get hurt. You can make your AF worse. If you are low and start lowering it with Relora, then that's not good. If you are high cortisol and start throwing licorice at your AF, that'll only make it go higher and that's not good either. High and low cortisol have many overlapping symptoms and the only really way to know is to do the saliva test. I think Dr. Lee's site still offers an AM cortisol saliva test for $39. Doing the morning test (when it should be the highest) would be better than nothing.

http://www.johnleemd.com/store/prod_stest.html

If you are going to experiment without saliva tests, at the very least, keep a journal. Be really anal and keep track of everything.... when you sleep, how long, energy level, what you eat, what you take, etc... so you can detect patterns and trends.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.578 sec, (2)