CureZone   Log On   Join
Daktarin cream is curing my EC

goodcalluk Views: 12,123
Published: 10 years ago

Daktarin cream is curing my EC

Ok so I went to the doctors again, this time instead of giving me Fucidin H he said my EC was perioral dermatitis. I searched for pictures of this in Google and it looks nothing like EC. He prescribed me Aqueous Cream and said it would go away on it's own. (after 4 years already, yeh right)

I knew the Fucidin H cream usually helped, but you can only apply twice a day for a limited number of days.

Ignoring the doctor, I bought Daktarin Cream (miconazole nitrate 20mg per g). I've been applying this since last Tuesday and I am over the moon! My lip feels soft and comfortable. It hasn't peeled since.

Initially I applied it 8 times per day, especially after eating, drinking or wetting my lips. It took 48 hours for the already peeling lips to peel off, and ever since it is a normal looking and feeling lip.

I'm going to continue applying the cream for several more weeks then stop and see what happens. The cream is anti-fungal and I think they key has been regular re-applications especially after lips getting wet.

It looks very promising, try this cream yourself and let me know how it goes for you. I'll keep you posted on how things progress. For the first time in MONTHS the first thing in do in the morning isn't looking in the mirror to see how bad my lip is!

Anyone got any experience with this cream/technique? Comments welcome

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.391 sec, (1)