CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Blood sugar issue

pilare Views: 1,420
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,874,348

Re: Blood sugar issue

oups...I guess I was not clear...
You should avoid all white flour products and refine carbohydrates,including rice.

Each snacks usually is composed of a portion of complex carbohydrate AND a portion of a protein source.
The main goal here is to slow dowm the absorbtion of Sugar and that's what protein does (as well as fiber and good fat).

So examples of a good snack: apple and peanut butter on 2 ezeckiel crackers,12 grapes and a piece of cheese, nuts and 1 fruit, glass of milk (if you tolerate it...it has both carbo and protein), soy milk or soy nuts with few carrots....

You get the idea...

Here the portion sizes are very important... (you do not want to overlaod your liver)

It is also very important to determine the right number of protein you should eat per day depending if you are a male or female, active or not..and spread it through the day.

A visit to a nutritionnist might be helpful to help you with portion size and nutrionnal need for your status, but i do encourage you to do your own research first because a lot of them only know about diabetes and it is definetly not handled the same way!

Like I said...it is a bit complicated but it is worth the try! And here the only real investment is your time and good nutritious food! Cheap if you compare to supplements!
P.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.641 sec, (1)