CureZone   Log On   Join
comparisons

Views: 694
Published: 11 years ago

comparisons

Hi MH,

Thought I would share the price difference between the UK and the US.

These are for "decent" UK price per gallon. Actually we generally use Litres, and volume is in 5L. Gallon is not a measurement we use, but I’ve recalculated accordingly. So for a good grade/"organic" but volume/discount price, as far as I can find anywayz, and I've spent a long time looking!

Dark maple syrup $85
Coconut oil $85
Olive oil $45

Would love to know US equivalent prices.

OK. Some explanations.

The maple and coconut oil is obviously imported, and we have a faily high tax rate here. If it is coming from Europe, like the olive oil, it can be competitively priced, otherwise its expensive. But what can you do.

The olive oil is "organic" (i put that in inverted commas as who knows! but thats what the label says!) virgin cold pressed. it's also actually STONE crushed the old fashioned way, which is great. Took me AGES to find.
I was actually paying more for an non-organic single blend olive oil from Greece until recently, and that was mechanically crushed. It was also very good though. However anything from the supermarket is just plain trash, organic or not. Tastes nasty too.

OK. So the olive oil its from Spain i.e. the cheapest you get in Europe, world’s biggest producer I think. So don't go comparing it to that awesome Californian organic stone crushed olive oil you can get! That's just in a completely different league! Tried to get it imported here but REDICULOUSLY expensive, but you gotta try! haha!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.297 sec, (1)