The Powder that heals, protects, remineralizes

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Hveragerthi Views: 15,511
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,911,325

Re: Emergency Room Visit for High Blood Pressure: Need some help

Over the last 3 days, my blood pressure has been slowly creeping up, and last evening it hit 180 / 112. I went to the emergency room, and within 10 minutes it had dropped to 150/ 90 (which is still high for me).  My concerns and questions are as follows:

History:

• Adrenal Fatigue - Taking Cortical Extract, Vitamin C,  Panthotenic Acid, Cortisol Reducing Compound, (Just added Ashwagandha and Shizandra)

I recommend staying away from the cortical extract and anything else with glandulars.  They can over stimulate the adrenals in the short term and adrenal glandulars/extracts can atrophy the adrenals with regular use.  If you have been on it for a while though you will need to wean off slowly.

For the vitamin C try to get your C from natural sources as much as possible.  Natural sources tend to be stronger and more stable than the synthetic ascorbic acid commonly sold as vitamin C.  If you do take the synthetic don't over do it.  I recommend no more than 500mg 4 times daily.

• Mold Exposure:  Taking Lamasil (and Nystatin for Candida)

Those are dangerous drugs, and simply trying to kill Candida does not work.  If the terrain is still too alkaline to the point that it is conducive to Candida overgrowth then the Candida will simply grow right back.  Candida is a normal part of all bodies, but is normally kept in check by the acids produced by our flora.  You would be better off focusing on cultured foods and prebiotics to restore the flora.

• Sinus Infection - Took  ZPack (antibiotic - didn't want to, but advised to as I was running fever of 101.9)

Most sinus infections are fungal in origin, but people are frequently put on antibiotics that only make the problem worse.  Run a search on this forum for "sinus infections".  I have recommendations on how to use probiotics to deal with the infection.

• Mild GERD - Taking: deglycyrrhizinated licorice, Digestive Enzymes, Swedish Bitters

Digestive enzymes also shut down the body's own production of enzymes.  In addition, many contain cellulase and hemicellulase that can worsen Candida:

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1480855#i

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1555407#i

• Hypothyroidism: Taking Armour Thyroid (60 mg)

You ought to look in to weaning off this.  Armour will shut your thyroid down further.  Thyroid medications are also well known for contributing to bone loss and if not regulated properly could also be contributing to your high pulse and blood pressure.

The other nutrients I am taking:

• Mixed Tocotrienols / Tocopherols

Don't exceed 400IU daily.  Higher levels can screw with hormones.

• Raw Vitamin C
  • NAC
  • Magnesium Citrate
  • Multivitamin integrated with several nutrients
  • COQ10
  • Compound to heal intestines (IntestiNew)
  • Vit K
  • BP Dilavasic (on for about 2 weeks)
  • Blood Pressure Factors (just started)
  • Red Clay (Blood Pressure) - just started (about a week)
  • Theralac Probiotics
  • BioCurcumin
  • Digestive Enzymes
  • Morton's Salt Substitute (for the extra Potassium)

I went to the emergency room. By the time I reached the emergency room, my BP was 150/91 and I had not taken anything or intervened in any manner. At that time I told the physician that the following symptoms preceded the BP spike for about a week:

• Muscle tics (especially in lower extremities)
  • Mild weakness in legs
  • I had been told that I had a mild elevation in Calcium

The first two symptoms can indicate low magnesium and elevated calcium.  Keep in mind that calcium is a muscle contractor and magnesium is a muscle relaxant.

The test results are as follows: (* -flagged as abnormal, but not a source of concern)

Electrolytes

• Sodium Level: 139
  • Potassium Level: 4.0
  • Chloride Level: 106
  • Carbon Dioxide Level: 27
  • Anion Gap: 6
  • Osmolality, Calculated: 277

Organic / Inorganic

• Glucose Serum: 94*
  • Blood Urea Nitrogen: 10
  • Creatinine: 0.75
  • GFR, Calculated: *Footnote (Was told by the physician that this was not significant; a little blood in urine, but not significant and that I was hydrated)
  • Calcium Level Total: High (10.4)*  (Was told that this was not high as the upper limit is: 10.3)
  • BUN/Creat Ratio: 13

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone:  2.44* (Indicated this is slightly high, but not a significant deviation)

All Urinalysis Results were Normal: (I will present a few results)

• Specific Gravity: 1.004 (slightly low according to the physician; but not a concern)
  • ph Urine Random: 5.0

I am looking for help in understanding the sudden spike in my BP and how I may address it. I sometimes believe it is related to Adrenal - Thyroid - Candida / Mold issues. I am not sure.

I mentioned in the other post that you likely have several things contributing to your high blood pressure including the low magnesium, high calcium.

With the calcium being on the high side they should have also checked your parathyroid hormone levels.

I have also noticed that my ears sometimes hurt when I chew. Have had lots of stuffiness and needing to pop my ears to clear them since the sinus infection. I continue to have lots of post-nasal drainage that creates a feeling of a lump in my throat sometimes.

All feedback would be helpful. I am looking for a Naturopath that can make the holistic assessment, but until then am hoping I can get some help from this forum that has a wealth of information.

The suggestions I made in these posts should get you started.  See how you respond and I can make recommended adjustments based on results.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.625 sec, (6)