CureZone   Log On   Join
New here, my story.

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

ecvictim Views: 1,214
Published: 9 years ago

New here, my story.

Hello everyone!

I am glad I've found this forum. Knowing that I am not the only one suffering from peeling lips is great. I also want to thank you guys/gals posting status updates and possible solutions.

I am 25 and suffering from cheilits for about 15 years now. I guess it all started by constantly licking and biting my lips. In my youth I did this all the time not thinking about consequences. My lips got red and swollen and finally they started peeling. The peeling cycle was 3 days. By growing older I realized that I may have a disease and stoped licking and biting my lips. But the peeling cycles remained and I realized I cannot stop my lips from peeling. From that point on it turned into a real psychological problem for me. I was about 15 at this time. I got very shy and lost most of my self-confidence. I knew I was in a devils cycle.

This condition lasted until I was about 18.5 (?). Sorry, I cannot remember exactly which age it was. I knew I had to somehow get cured and tried several things. These are the ones I remember:

01) Applying a cream called Biomaris skin cream three times a day very thinly.
02) Eating bread instead of cornflakes in the morning.
03) I got contact lenses back then.
04) Stopped looking into the mirror constanly.

I don't know if any of these points even had an impact but in October 2005 (?) I realized that I wasn't thinking about my lips constantly and after I realized that, I was aware of the fact that my lips have not peeled within days.
Then I knew I was finally healed. I was the happiest guy on earth. I had so much energy, felt good and healthy.

Until it all started again with the age of 20. It got even worse when I noticed the peeling cycle speeded up so I had to peel my lips every evening. I followed the points I mentioned above along with other (vitamin B + zinc tablets) but nothing helped.

For the last 5 years I tried about every lip balm available on the market...with no positive results. I visited dermatologists and they said I have "dry lips" and I should apply this or that (including cortisone cremes). But I was
very sceptical about their diagnoses and felt misunderstood and not treated well. I searched the internet and finally found http://www.exfoliativecheilitishelp.com/
and this forum. What I do now:

01) Drinking at least 1.5 ltr. of water.
02) Eating lots of fruits and vegetables.
03) Exercise 2-3 times a week for about 2 hours.
04) Stress reduction.
05) Making faces and laugh to keep my lips streched.
06) NOT applying any lip balm.
07) NOT licking/biting.
08) NOT eating any kind of bread (allergy ?).
09) NOT drinking milk and not eating milk procucts (allergy ?).
10) NOT using toothpaste with menthol/peppermint/florid
11) NOT thinking about my lips.
12) NOT drinking though a straw. (to adapt my lips to water)

Things I want to do in the future:

01) Getting contact lenses again (I haven't used them for the last 6 years, beacuse my eyes got very dry). (thesis: good vision -> stress reduction)
02) Exercise even more.
03) Making allergy tests.
04) Reduce stress even more.

The cycle increased from 1 day to 2 days even though on the second day it is very hard for me to speak or smile. What helps me and I hope you guys/gals too is the fact that I got cured once. I will keep you updated. Sorry for the long post.

Cheers and heads up everyone!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.438 sec, (2)