CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Does moving away help when there are bad memories?

BlueRose Views: 11,270
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,919,107

Re: Does moving away help when there are bad memories?

Whatever you do, you have no reason to ever trash yourself. Yet as a parent I know it's difficult not to. That too is a learning experience.

---------------
Thank you for the above. I think that one reason I'm having difficulty with what happened with our daughter was that I set out to be a better mother than my own mother was to us kids. I've written about my childhood previously here on CZ. In a nutshell, my mother was a narcissist, alcoholic plus verbally and emotionally abusive. My father was the perfect enabler who didn't stand up for us kids, basically throwing us under the bus.

I set out to give our daughter so much better. My husband tells me that I did give her much better. He also rightly points out that raising kids is a crapshoot. There are kids who have a loving, supportive environment yet still go off the rails. On the other hand, there are kids who have horrible parenting, yet don't go off the rails. Logically, I know all this but emotionally----it's another story. It's up to me alone to work through all of this, I know.

Thank you again for your thoughtful and helpful posts. I wish you all the best!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

2.281 sec, (1)