CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: INHS classics: Water Fasting Articles

chrisb1 Views: 1,112
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,922,508

Re: INHS classics: Water Fasting Articles

NH,
Natural hygienists are known to sharply disagree among themselves regarding the details of a natural hygiene diet:
raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds is the usual way to go.
The diet is usually vegan, but Dr J H Tilden MD (co-founder of natural hygiene in modern times) encouraged use of non-vegetarian foods.

Following a high % fruit diet is discouraged by most hygienists. However, some who consider themselves to be hygienists, do advocate high fruit diets. There is a very wide variation in diet and health practices among hygienists; e.g. disagreements on the use of sprouts, seaweeds, dried fruit, etc.
Some otherwise "orthodox" hygienists make occasional use of raw milk/cheese in their diet, as does Dr Keki Sidhwa ND DO. The American Natural Hygiene Society promotes a predominantly raw diet, but advocates a place for cooked grains and steamed vegetables in the diet.

There are many good reasons to avoid meat, not least of which is one of ethics, and where the common denominator in Natural Hygiene seems to be one of eating a diet in its natural state, free from adulteration/processing.

Dr Joel Fuhrman MD, and a prodigy/friend of the late Dr Shelton, recommends a plant-based diet, (as do I) but with the addition of B12 and DHA supplementation to avoid nerve-degeneration and the onset of Parkinsons disease.

Everyone to their own I think, but Fuhrmans recommendations closely resemble my own, but I add some oily fish and humanely-reared chicken after three decades of lacto-vegetarianism.
Supplementation is also a necessity in my view, but even that is debatable.

Take care.

Chrisb1.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.com

2.781 sec, (1)