CureZone   Log On   Join
Ichthyosis / Atopic Eczema / Genetic Disorder

fregasedo Views: 2,115
Published: 9 years ago

Ichthyosis / Atopic Eczema / Genetic Disorder

soooooo, i already wrote this as a response to a thread right below this one but i'm going to post it here as well, so that everybody reads it:

i just visited a dermatologist yesterday who is about 60 years old and has seen a lot in his life:
i didn't even have to explain it to him, he knew it right away. he said this is a genetic chronic disease, similar to the infamous ichthyosis, just that it only affects the lips and not the whole body. it is also akin to atopic eczema (neurodermatitis) but it has nothing to do with cheilitis! we seem to have it in our genes and at one point or another, it just breaks out. some acquire it in their childhood, some in their teens, some in their early 20ies or even later. i acquired it with 22 and i'm 23 now.
he prescribed me 2 keratolytic ointments with urea in them. (i can list you the exact ingredients tomorrow). urea breaks up the keratin scales and allows us to easily remove them. he said that it is HIGHLY LIKELY that this condition will NEVER resolve, just as other genetic disorders just do not resolve. we'll have to accept and learn to live with it. he said, if there is any chance to completely cure it, it's only by leading an incredibly healthy lifestyle, boosting the immune system so far that it eventually learns how to counteract this pathogenic process of building up keratin. he also said that SEAWATER is highly beneficial and a vacation at the sea can help a lot.
of course, some of what he said might be wrong but he seemed to really know what he was talking about. but maybe he was wrong about this being totally incureable and we can beat it one way or another. i really hope so and i won't give up.

CAUTION: this does not apply to all of us. some of us have something different and higher chances to be cured (especially if your lips are inflamed and respond to dietary & lifestyle changes).

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.015 sec, (1)