CureZone   Log On   Join
A question about my results

Maps Views: 1,428
Published: 9 years ago

A question about my results

Hi there, I have a question about Iodine supplementation. I had a 24hr urinary halidide test done last winter (2011) by Hakala research. Results were: total Iodine excreted: 45.3mg (from 50mg loading dose) 91% Iodine excreted. Total bromide excreted in 24hrs: 31.4mg. It states bromide concentrations above 10mg/L may have adverse effects on iodine utilization. I didnt know a doctor I could go to for advise on supplementation, so I did nothing for a year. During this past year, I've started going through menopause (56yr old) along with those lovely symptoms ;) I also have carpal tunnel and rls.
This past November, I called Hakala and talked with a lab tech and he recommended starting with 12.5mg iodine and up 12.5 each week until I'm at 50mg and retest after 4-6months. It's now been almost four months at 50mg of Iodoral a day with companion nutrients of B-2&3,selenium (200mg), mag, E & C. I can't say that I feel great. I'm tired most days and have gained about 10lbs, that I'm blaming on menopause. I have an appt with a doctor in May, that will test my thyroid numbers (TSH, T4, T3, T2) but am wondering about upping my iodine dosage to 100mg. I have read some here suggest that. My biggest concern is that my test showed that I was excreting most of the iodine...91%. Is it possible that I'm iodine sufficient? From what I read from another poster that had a high iodine excretion, the bromide was possibly interfering with iodine absorption. One other thing that seems somewhat bothersome, is that my throat feels somewhat swollen, not sore, just kinda tight. I'm thinking it is most probably my thyroid. I'm sorry for the long post, but didn't know another way to get the info in here;) Any suggestions would be appreciated, but what I'm wondering is if I should just hang in there at 50mg iodine a day or up it to 100mg? Thanks!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.234 sec, (1)