CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Immune system theory to potentially explain EC, plus excellent "healing" results. Long post

snow33 Views: 2,457
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,929,808

Re: Immune system theory to potentially explain EC, plus excellent "healing" results. Long post

There are a few things that I forgot to mention in yesterdays post that I think may be worth mentioning, so i’ll include them here before I answer the response posts.

First, in wondering why the skin of the lips acts in this particular way, but potentially not other bodily skin areas, I’ve noted in researching that the lips contain different sebaceous (sebum) glands to most other skin areas on the body (sebum is the oily/fatty matter released by these glands) (termed Ectopic Sebacious Glands). Some on this forum in the past have wondered if EC is related to a problem with the sebum production. In my research, I have noted that sebum, along with urine, faeces, and sweat, is used as a pathway for toxin elimination. It got me wondering if somehow these glands are playing a role in the problem, and either potentially releasing chemical toxins, leading to their removal on flaking skin on the lips, or if there’s just something plain gone faulty with these glands as some have wondered on this forum before.

Second, I’ve noticed that some people on this forum have slightly different skin problems to what most people here talk about when referring to EC, in that their condition often has more of a pain element involved, such as redness, stinging, blistering, or whatever. This probably has more of an inflammation element associated with it; again it’s immune related, again potentially being an immune overreaction, with possibly the same root cause.

Third, if you still need convincing that this method of chemical product removal (and I didn’t explicitly say it, but all “lipcare” products would obviously be included in this) is worth a try, have a look at the High Recommendation posts (RN) and also the bright star award post in the “ Read This First” section at the head of this forum; you will find that of the 23 posts given high recommendation, 10 found success in removing chemical products ( a removal of potential allergen/chemical trigger? – step 1 in original post), 1 person found luck in removing a food allergan (potential immune reaction trigger? – step 1 in original post), and all bar two of the rest found luck in either dealing with digestive/intestinal/microorganism problems (problems which can lead to an imbalance and overload of bad bacteria, fungai, etc and thus excess negative toxins) or other detox methods, such as a liver flush, heavy metal removal, Amalgam filling removal( metals in these can be toxic), and even a high niacin intake, which is mentioned in a detox link i give below. (Oil pulling (also termed oil chewing) is mentioned by one poster in that section who had luck healing their condition; I forgot to mention in yesterdays post that I also began oil pulling/oil chewing with cold pressed vegetable oil a few weeks back. It may help in removing toxins from the mouth area. See section 9.19 Oil-chewing:
http://worldhealthprogram.tripod.com/fst-9.htm
)

In other words they all relate to step 3 of the original post, removal of the toxicant body burden (i.e. detox). And the post that got the bright star award nearly exclusively talked of detoxification methods such as liver and colon cleanses.

So, all I can say is that if your condition is as debilitating as mine was, and you want it bad enough, you should have no problem in removing chemical products for a few weeks just to see if something happens, or try and find a potential other allergen, such as food (one person in the recommended posts even found improvement in removing a cat, among other things). If you do see improvements then you can begin researching into the potentially long process of step 3 above, i.e. detox, in the hope that in removing the toxic burden your immune system may become desensititized and you can begin introducting healthcare products again, preferably natural organic ones of course. (For those who are worried about discontinuing the use of toothpaste in favour of bicarbonate of soda/sea salt, remember that, as wikipedia states,: the main use of toothpaste is “as an abrasive that aids in removing the dental plaque and food from the teeth… Most of the cleaning is achieved by the mechanical action of the toothbrush, and not by the toothpaste. Salt and sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) are among materials that can be substituted for commercial toothpaste.”)

Now, in response to other posts. Drylips, from the perspective of steam, steam makes you sweat. Intensive sweating treatments are one of the many detox methods out there. It’s no surprise that some people here have had good luck with sauna use also. It may have aided detoxification, leaving less toxicant removal for your skin on the lips. Just a guess.(Indeed, intensive sauna therapy treatments have had great success in some research I’ve come across in treating people who suffered adverse health conditions, including skin conditions, as a result of chemical exposure. See for example:

http://detoxacademy.org/pdfs/Root_abstract.pdf

Another example is a treatment given to some rescue workers involved in the World Trade Centre cleanup after 9/11. See:

http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/corporate/20060526-chemosphere-1-dahl...

The exact treatments used, which include high doses of Niacin (which worked for one forum member in the recommended posts mentioned above) is included in this pdf, in the “Detoxification Regimen” section:

http://www.detoxacademy.org/pdfs/fatxeno.pdf

(Be wary that high Niacin intake has come in for some controversy also.)

In reply to Sillylips, I have heard that juice/veg diets have worked for some people, but not for others. They are advised against by some as you are automatically precluding many potential nutrients that you may get from other food sources such as meat. See the section “Other Detoxification Methods” in the final link I provided in yesterdays post. Here it is again:

http://www.medicalinsider.com/toxicity3.html

Read the first five sections in that link to get an overview of some the difficulties in detoxification. The following were listed in a table in the detox pdf I linked yesterday as selected interventions purported to facilitate detoxification of toxic materialsL: Fasting, Massage , Chelation, Plasmapheresis , Ionic Foot Baths, colonic Cleansing , Exercise, Bile Acid Sequestrants, Prebiotics and Probiotics, Sauna therapy, Cleanses through various food and drink mixtures, Herbal Supplements, Medicated baths and hot springs, Liver and gall bladder flush, Zeolites. Actual scientific research on some of these methods is fairly limited. PM me if you want me to forward the pdf, but it doesn’t so much recommend any particular method, as give an overview of the scientific research relating to detox and an excellent overview of the whole issue of health problems relating to toxaemia/ toxic overload as well as potential problems in their elimination. (it may be a few days before I’m back on this forum it you do want it).

I’ll call back in future with any developments with my EC condition and any good detox methods I come across.

Sean.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

2.484 sec, (4)