CureZone   Log On   Join
On and off water fasting

dreamer8861 Views: 996
Published: 9 years ago

On and off water fasting

In the past I have done 3 and 7 day water fasts. I have also done longer modified fasts. For a variety of reasons I am considering an on and off water fast. While I realize I will lose some of the benefits of Water Fasting I am wondering if anyone here has done this with success, especially over a longer period of time.

Today I'm doing my "pre-fast" and will start the real Water Fast tomorrow. The reason why today is my pre-fast is because I need 1 day where I allow myself coffee before I switch to just water. I will also take 25 grams of psyllium husk today. It seems to help me transition even if it is just mental.

What I am anticipating is 5 days on and 2 days off. The 2 off days will be primarily liquid (juice, almond milk) with possibly some raw foods and caffeine (coffee.) My main reason for doing this is mental clarity and energy at work. I am starting a new job on Monday which will take a lot of clarity and focus. Fortunately I will only be working 1 day a week on Mondays and won't start full time until June.

My concerns with the on and off water fasting:

Hunger- the hardest part for me (and most people?) is the first 48 hours of hunger pangs and cravings. Will I have to go through this every week or will it be lessened because I'm not completely breaking the fast?

Health Benefits- my understanding of Water Fasts is that during longer fasts you eventually reach the point of better mental clarity and renewed energy. Will this not happen for me? Will it be like I just do a series of short fasts and not get to the point of losing the foggy feeling or receive the health benefits of a long fast?

Restarting- when I am on a fast I get to a point where I feel like I can go indefinitely. As soon as I start to break the fast mentally I'm not there to turn around and restart. I'm worried that after 5 days of a Water Fast and then 2 days of a modified fast I won't be able to get back into the mindset of a Water Fast so readily.

Words of advice? Anyone try this with success?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.531 sec, (1)