CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Follow my 60 day fast online

chrisb1 Views: 3,748
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,958,662

Re: Follow my 60 day fast online

Sorry to sound like a damp squib, but 60 days on water only would NOT be recommended by any knowledgeable folks experienced in fasting supervision, and for the following reason: the very real risk of an electrolyte deficiency, which can damage organs and initiate starvation sooner rather than later.
//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1939804#i

Food reserves are not just fat-reserves, but also of vitamins/minerals/electrolytes and others. It was Dr Joel Fuhrman MD who ended his fast at day 46 because of the onset of an electrolyte deficiency. Shelton commented that the safety and length of a fast are entirely dependent on the QUALITY and not the QUANTITY of food reserves.

Dr Joel Fuhrman MD........
"It is exceptionally unusual for anyone who undergoes a supervised fast for three weeks or less to develop dangerously low electrolyte stores, as three weeks is a relatively short period of time. Of the last 100 patients I have fasted, only one person had too low a potassium level to safely continue the fast after two weeks. I have conducted numerous 30 day fasts and a few even longer, but those were the exceptions".............
Fasting and Eating For Health p216-217.

In addition, nutrient reserves and esp' electrolytes are depleted much more rapidly when very active or involved with strenuous exercise, or even dealing with the effects of heat or extreme cold, so to preserve these nutrients, inactivity and as much rest as possible are paramount to a successful and safe outcome.

The conduct of a fast is also apt to do more harm than good if not carried out properly. By this I mean your recounting of your day 7 activities from your blog where you say.........

"I never felt exhaustion like the exhaustion that I have felt today, please believe it. I worked on the patio, and with 105 degree heat, I almost died. The coming in and out of the patio into the AC was so taxing on my body. By the end of it I thought I was going to throw up. I had to keep going to the bathroom and just resting. It was that bad. The heat almost took me out."

In my view this is a highly irresponsible conduct of a water fast, and you are not only endangering your health but your life as well, so please be more careful as the fast progresses and just take one day at a time. Please read up on the conduct of a fast.
http://www.fastingconnection.com/component/content/article/71-beginfast/28-ho...

For one thing I also hope you are monitoring your blood pressure on a daily basis, as any severe fluctuation is reason to terminate the fast forthwith.

Chrisb1.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.578 sec, (2)