I was reading some old posts on this forum earlier.
And a lot of people are denying that their peeling caused chronic EC. All are saying that they suddenly got EC. Which is impossible.
Im pretty sure that we all went these phases on this forum:
1. A period in your life: Getting dry lips
At first you think its the air or you had a rough day
2. You will start with chap stick and then Vaseline.
3. Dry lips stay dry but as long as you apply stuff on lips it will remain relatively normal.
4. Since you are using these stuff the lips can easily peeled when its wet.
You might not mind the peeling at very first because after you peeled your lips the'raw' lips still don't look that bad. Because you apply Vaseline again. The next day it will be slightly more red too pink.
5. This process keeps on going and you'll get eventually frustrated because you cant go outdoors without Vaseline anymore.
6. You will start seeking for help on Internet or doters.
7. Then you'll see all the crap of healthy diets and natural oils to keep your lips moisturized.
8. You are going to try them all and fail.
9. And now you are reading this.
So what went wrong??? If we know than we can cure our self.
Pretty sure that 99.99% people with dry lips at phase 2 will have not chapped lips at the next day.
The 0.001% are we. But why do we have it? I think its caused by our overall health, immune system, lifestyle and most important of all we peeled right away because we didnt know better!