CureZone   Log On   Join
guidance from those who've had to handle final affairs would be deeply appreciated...

Views: 1,347
Published: 9 years ago

guidance from those who've had to handle final affairs would be deeply appreciated...

this isn't a health matter, and i didn't know what category to post this in, but i didn't know where else to turn other than cz's incredibly helpful community...

i am hoping to connect with, someone who's ...unfortunately... had to handle the final affairs of a loved one who's passed away, to hopefully gain some insight into what information i will need, to handle my father's final affairs... i have his:

"social" (security number),

citizenship number & the date it was awarded,

his bank account info and the place where he keeps his bills (which would have the respective account numbers of his debtors, and for what's not there i will also be collecting his mail),

his lawyer's number and the number of his union from when he worked, and the number for his retirement plan,

where he keeps his tax papers current and past,

and the name of the brokerage he used (but i don't know any account number, or what to say to them...),

and his life insurance company info and policy number...

...matters in this situation are complicated by the fact that, though a will is in place,
my father's debt is substantial and,
i don't know if his house is going to be closed up and, everything in it,
including some of my belongings,

are going to be sold to satisfy his debt, without my ever even getting to see what's being sold?

if anyone who's had experience with this type of situation, i would greatly appreciate some insight into what to expect................

thank you all for your help, with this very difficult subject......

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.157 sec, (1)