CureZone   Log On   Join
Photo of healed triangular area on top lip

longterm Views: 4,172
Published: 9 years ago

Photo of healed triangular area on top lip

I have posted how not taking a shower for a week due to allergy patch testing helped heal the raw triangular area in center of my top lip, which had fordyce spots. Although the dermatologist said I was not allergic to compositae (lettuce family) because there was no red dot directly over area, I had a few welts around the spot it was placed from day 1. So, I assumed I was allergic to it and stopped eating lettuce. I also switched to a shampoo that does not have compositae in it (almost all shampoos have compositae in it, but not sure which ingredient it is listed as). I think the healing of top lip was due to avoiding shampoo running down my sensitive neck or back for a week.

I kind of gave up on finding a cure for EC since it did not seem like my raw top lip could ever heal. I thought the tissue was permanently damaged. It is baffling how my lower lip still has EC. There was a difference between my top and lower lip. My top lip had raw skin that was too moist to even form a scale while my lower lip formed thick scales that peeled (and it still does). It only took 1-2 weeks for my top lip to heal. There is hope that my lower lip can also heal like my top lip.†

I was about to attach a screenshot photo, but I do not know how?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

5.141 sec, (1)