CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What do you do for a living?

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

Better Than Colonics. Period.
Oxygen Detoxification for both small and large intestine...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
ways_of_wisdom Views: 1,314
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,982,303

Re: What do you do for a living?

I used to be a Bilingual Executive Secretary (aka. Admin. Assistant), but after I got married the first time I didn't work for about 7 years, then the divorce came and I had to work to support myself and my children.  At the time I also moved away from all family and friends which were in another country, and started over with just a low-paying job, so needless to say I had tons of stress as a single Mom for years and years.  I'd already been diagnosed with hypoglycemia so I'm sure I had AF even back then.  It all finally came to a head during the late '90s when I moved once again, this time to another state where it seemed every secretarial job I found was chuck full of stress, I also did a lot of temping and worried about money a lot... Then, after being fired from a new job in the Acct. Payables Dept. (which I hated because the company was not paying the bills...) I decided I couldn't stand working in an office anymore so I enrolled in Cosmetology school, but had to hold a p/t job so I worked in the Cosmetics dept. of a Walgreen's just behind our apt. building (probably the less stressful part of my days because I enjoyed the job), but I still had to go home to deal with two teenagers, do the housework, laundry, cooking, paying the bills, make all the decisions and solve all the problems, lots of "fun" and never a penny to spend on myself.  I began dragging, needing 2 cups of coffee in the a.m. just to clear my extremely foggy brain, totally fatigued and suspecting hypothyroidism except I was hot most of the time, not cold.  But I was eventually diagnosed with that shortly after finishing school, but was never able to work in my new "profession", in fact, one day, totally stressed out - having been dealing with the hormonal swings of perimenopause - I quit my job when a new store manager gave me a hard time one time too many, and I didn't work again for nearly 11 years.

I went back to the job market last year as a caregiver to the elderly, which I enjoyed but that's not a steady job and has no benefits... so after a periof of a couple of months of doing nothing I got a job as a cashier in a Michael's craft store but soon realized it was a mistake, I could never be there on time and thus accumulated "points" against me, and when I finally had a big crash at the end of April I lost the job a few days into May because I had not been sleeping and then one day I "overslept" (meaning I'd gone to bed in the wee hours of the morning and also accidentally turned the alarm off).  I have not worked since, and then on 8/21 I had a car accident in which my beloved old Cavalier was "totalled" so now I'm looking for another used car so I can resume my job search (but only p/t as I couldn't handle working f/t), which is kind of hard when one doesn't have much money.  The past 2 weeks have been very stressful for me, the accident was the other party's fault (a 15 y.o. driving an SUV and making a L. turn on a yellow light on a rainy night...) and I totally resent being in this situation "thanks" to someone else, but I guess I'll eventually get over it, have to anyway... sigh!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.453 sec, (2)