CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Th.. 'You are gods'

Views: 2,185
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,000,391

Re: Th.. 'You are gods'

**Self-edit**
I'm reading material at http://www.thedivinecouncil.com/
, a book in progress, looking directly at the subject of the Elohim, thecouncil of the elohim, and I read this:

"Many scholars understand the plural elohim of Psalm 82 and 89 as human rulers, namely the elders of Israel, no doubt due to the specter of polytheism. This position is highly problematic. If these elohim are humans, why are they sentenced to die “like humans”? A clear contrast is intended by both the grammar and structure of the Hebrew text (Prinsloo; Handy, “Sounds”). At no time in the Hebrew Bible did Israel’s elders ever have jurisdiction over all the nations. There is no scriptural basis for the idea that God presides over a council of humans that governs the nations of the earth. In fact, the situation is exactly the opposite—Israel was separated from the nations to be God’s own possession, while the other nations were abandoned by Yahweh to the rule of other elohim in the wake of the incident at Babel (Deut 4:19-20; 32:8-9 [LXX, Qumran]; cp. Dan 10:13, 20; Heiser, “Deut 32:8”). It is also difficult to see how the corrupt decisions of a group of humans would shake the foundations of the earth (Ps 82:5)."

This rings new and true to me, and removes the confusion over Psalms 82. It is true that we are given citizenship in the kingdom of the elohim (spiritual realm of God) in being reborn in Jesus, but we who aren't passed on from life in an earthly body are still /in/ the world- the realm of flesh.
*cough* 'Lotta stupid misunderstandings come out of reading a translation. <3 for explanations of the hebrew language..
I have not edited what I wrote earlier~~

I support the above post in part.

Psalm 82:6-7
"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High. But you will die like mere men; you will fall like every other ruler." (Niv)

Genesis 4:26
"Then began man to call on the name of the Lord"
Mistranslation.
"Then began man to call themselves *by* the name of the Lord."

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=1031

http://www.therain.org/appendixes/app21.html

(am still reading through this thread)

I am still not convinced that Paul was a false teacher who got God's word totally wrong. He did get the Way (what they called christ's teachings) to Rome, but the very core understanding that God made us -in his image- is not very clear in exactly understanding the translations from hebrew.

This cuts to the heart of the question of if Adam and Eve in pre-fall creation had eternity for their hands. I believe they did, and after the fall, introduced the law of sin and death.

We are created 'In God's image', which is literally, after His own kind. YHWH, Y-ah-ow-ah is not a being of body but of Spirit, and we share that kernel, but we 'are' YHWH inasmuch an apple seed is an orchard. In sinful nature we are dead seeds, each and every one, and will never sprout.

I do not believe that we will grow into the same fullness of God. Jesus said that the ressurected would have spiritual bodies like angels, and in my mind, our position in ressurection is to be in God's family, and to worship and act, possibly to replace those of the heavenly host who chose to rebel.

----
I do NOT support the idea that we shall graduate to maintain our own planets. That is Mormonistic theology and philosophy, and is as poisonous as arsenic.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.313 sec, (2)