CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: OT) distilled water

grizz Views: 1,190
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,010,751

Re: OT) distilled water

>>>I have a reverse osmosis (RO) water filtration system for my drinking water (from a well). is this as effective as 'distilling'?

SlowSteady,

The reverse osmosis filter is the only other filter capable of removing all contaminants including fluoride. However it wastes water and I think the cost per gallon is more expensive than distilling because the expensive RO Filters must be replaced. How long does your filter last and what does it cost to replace it?

PS) Paraboy, I have you to thank for getting me started on Distilled Water. I bought the exact distiller that you recommended. We love our distilled water so much that we bought one for our sons. Their city water supply has both chlorine AND fluoride ! ! Also, what is left behind in their distiller is even far yuckier and stinks far worse than what is left behind in our distiller. We drink well water.

One last thing. In an emergency situation where there is no water available to drink, we can always distill our own urine for drinking water ! That is what they do on the international space station, and is recommended on the TV Show, "The Preppers."

Grizz

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.953 sec, (1)