CureZone   Log On   Join
I need to know. Can someone help?

Hadasah Views: 1,133
Published: 10 years ago

I need to know. Can someone help?

I have been sick for 2 1/2 years and fading faster and faster.
My doctor gave me an addisons test. It showed low cortisol but not addisons. About the same time I ordered a 4 point saliva test but after I sent it off I called the lab because I had forgotten to mention when I take my inhaled steroids (for COPD). The lady at the lab said that the inhaled steroid would alter the test results and that the addisons test results would have been off too.

My doctor gave me hydrocortisone pills 3 months ago... said they would make me feel better, but I haven't taken any. My question is this.... could the pills "tell" my adrenals that they don't need to produce cortisol and would that throw me into addisons?

I'll tell you why I'm asking. I'm on oxygen at night and as soon as I take it off in the morning my oxygen levels drop to the 70's. When I had my cataracts done last year I asked the anesthesiologist (sp?) why that happens. He said it is because at night with oxygen on, my oxygen receptors (if that is the proper term)didn't need to work, so they just didn't. He told me to take slow deep breaths in the morning to get things going again. It works.

So you see, I just don't know what to do.... take the pills and feel better, maybe risking addisons? or????

I would be so grateful for any advise you can give. My life is at a standstill and I can do literally nothing.

Hadasah

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.703 sec, (1)