CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My protocol. It's working!

Ibinns Views: 6,291
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,014,316

Re: My protocol. It's working!

jsl123,

Yes bro, 18 damn years with this horrible condition. At one point I just said the hell with it and would peel my lips raw whenever the skin growth was developing. I felt so phony doing that because my lips would feel sticky when I pressed them together and I had like a two-tone pigment. I have no vermilion (the line where the lip skin connects with the inner mucosa part of the lip) and my lips constantly feel delicate and sensitive.

How has my life been? Honestly bro? What life?! I haven't been able to really enjoy my life because of this condition. I have denied myself a lot of things I have been wanting to do because of EC. I wanted to start training in MMA years ago but I was afraid my lips would be too delicate if I were to get punched and stuff. The skin on my lips is super thin. When I use an LED flashlight on them I can actually see the small veins and blood vessels in them.

This is just a God awful condition and it destroyed my social life, confidence, and mental stability. I was suicidal & depressed for many years and I also avoided lots of social events. People thought that I was conceited but, I was just too damn depressed about this crap that I lost interest in doing a lot of things.

I have a few women interested in me right now but, I feel like I wouldn't be able to enjoy a relationship with one of them. I'm tired of feeling phony and waking up with basically different looking lips every morning. I'm not the type to keep socializing if I have a possible condition so, in fear of passing this crap on to someone else I was pretty much dormant in the relationship field. It wasn't until one derm told me that this sh*t wasn't contagious is when I just peeled them raw almost everyday and tried to make myself believe I was normal.

I had a few girlfriends here & there that I didn't say anything to when I was being phony. The kissing just didn't feel right. Their lips would get all moist and slippery and mine would just dry up. I hated the feeling, and I still hate the feeling of having abnormal lips.

The one thing I HATE is when you try to go out with a fu**ed up lip and not think about it. Then the first few people who look at you start licking their lips because they know your shit looks bad and they don't want to get the same thing. I F**KING HATE THAT sign of body language.

The moment when I finally went to a doctor for this condition I wore one of those white respirators you can buy in packs in almost any store. When the doctor came in and asked me what was going on I took off the mask and she tried so hard not to do that "lean back, OMG!" gesture. It's amazing how damn acute your detection of someone getting disgusted of you gets when you have EC. I know it freaked her out. Then, the inevitable happened, she told like four other doctors to come in and take a look at me and so, I became the guinea pig of that day.

I need for this to be cured. I've had this sh*t since I was 17 years old. High school was almost impossible to finish with this damn condition. The levels of embarrassment that this condition brings with it is extremely overwhelming and I refuse to take this sh*t with me to my grave.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

2.578 sec, (2)