CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How do you keep the weight on with low carb diets ?.

tay19 Views: 1,309
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,016,728

Re: How do you keep the weight on with low carb diets ?.

I wrote quite a hefty reply before and like an idiot closed the tab.

The thing is I've not been avoiding carbs at all.

Here's my daily diet on an average.

Calories 2065
46.55 grams
140.3 grams
37.5 grams
269.85 grams

I'll add in occasionally another 3 - 400 calories to make up to the target to gain weight ( even though it doesn't work ).

As you can see my diet is the opposite of carb cutting and I'm not avoiding them at all. I'm noticing after certain meals containing the most carbs I start having reactions.

I do need to up my fats but when I'm allergic to nuts , can't digest fish well and definitely can't go near dairy it's hard to get an adequate fat intake.

Baked beans in particular are carbohydrates ( many of which are sugars ) that I simply can't tolerate anymore , due to both the spices ( not helping my ulcer at all ! ) and sugar. I'll have hypoglycemic like reactions about five minutes after eating them. My head will be spinning , my blood Sugar feels all over the place. Then nausea and of course stomach burning from the ulcer.

I'm not purposely trying to cut out carbs to starve off bacteria in a state of paranoia and I know they fuel our bodies , I HATE having to have such a limited diet but things like gluten free bread , beans and white potatoes are something I can't tolerate anymore and I feel as long as I can replace them with the right foods ( carbohydrates or not ) that I can at least digest somewhat I'll feel much better.

My allergies are insane also , I've been wrapping up Christmas presents and the inside of my mouth has swelled up and has been burning the last two days. I look on the pack of selotape and it says " may contain gluten ! ".
Typical.

I'm just praying if I can eradicate the H pylori the majority of my symptoms will be gone. My doctor seems to think this will be the case.

I have tons of symptoms of low stomach acid and h pylori ( b12 deficiency , Acne , very severe joint pain and sensitive joints , a diagnosed ulcer , gastritis , acid reflux and so on ).

The question I'm facing at the moment if I do truly have low stomach acid is did H pylori cause the low stomach acid or did low stomach acid cause h pylori ?. It seems to be possible to work both ways. I'm hoping the h pylori caused the low stomach acid since this would then be easier to treat.

Time will hopefully tell.

Thanks for all the replies everyone , it's much appreciated.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

10.000 sec, (2)