CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Speaking in tongues, is it mumblings or language?

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

More
  Views: 1,442
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,021,538

Re: Speaking in tongues, is it mumblings or language?

Yes, and I believe that most of the "tongues" we hear in Charismatic churches are people deluding themselves and not of the Holy Spirit. Don't get me wrong, I believe in the gift of tongues. However, in the churches I attended they "trained" you in how to do it. They said just open your mouth and let whatever sound you can make come out. That's why everyone that speaks in tongues sounds the same every time, they come up with some sounds that are easy for them and don't sound too weird and repeat them over and over. I WANTED this gift. When I was home alone and taking a bath or something I really tried to do what they said. I always just felt like an idiot and not at all like it was from the Holy Spirit. And believe me I know what the infilling of the Holy Spirit feels like, and the beauty and wonder of His presence in me--I believe that I do not have the gift of tongues and that very few people that I heard did either. I've heard that some people with the gift are actually speaking other languages they have never heard and there is an interpreter there to say what it means. I haven't personally heard it, but to me that would be an authentic gift, as well as others, but not your run of the mill babbling people that I hear. If somebody had to teach you how to use this gift, it probably isn't from the Holy Spirit. He is your counselor, Jesus, the teacher--a pastor doesn't train you in your gifts.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.578 sec, (1)