CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Candida skin infection (graphic photos)

slate01 Views: 5,019
Published: 8 years ago

Candida skin infection (graphic photos)

Hey guys,

Here are a couple of photos of my armpit showing a candida overgrowth. It started to come up on Christmas day and was fairly small but eventually took over most of the armpit. It had a strong smell and was very irritated with some whiteness when it was at its worst. Not really very itchy, but quite sore and I found it difficult to sleep.

//www.curezone.org/upload/Photos/Candida_intertrigo_2.jpg

//www.curezone.org/upload/_C_Forums/Candida/Candida_intertrigo_3.jpg

I had my Dr take a scraping on 31/12/12 which came back positive for Candida albicans. He said to use topical lamisil which I did. The rash looked as though it had cleared on Thurs 10/01/13 but then the next morning I noticed a red lump at the lower end of the armpit. By that evening the the redness had spread to the rest of the armpit again, but in diagonal bands/stripes.

I saw another Dr yesterday and he said I might have a bacterial infection in my lymph node. I said isnt it more likely to be candida in the lymph node, but he said because I am not HIV+ or have cancer then it is impossible for me to have a candida infection in my lymph gland, also known as Candida Lymphadenitis. He said the only other possible explanation would be a primary immunodeficiency.

This just goes to show you that no matter how bad your symptoms, that most Drs still can't accept the idea that Candida can cause infections in otherwise healthy people.

Now I'm worried that if things get worse that it could cause Candidal sepsis. However, i've decided that it might be worth letting things get worse so that maybe my regular Dr will aspirate the contents of the lymph node and send to a lab. If it tests positive to Candida then they have to take me seriously. Then maybe an immunologist will perform all the tests immune function tests for candida that exist. Knowing my luck he won't want to or it will test negative.

Even my regular Dr when he took the scraping said he thought it couldnt be Candida and was probably another fungus like Trichophytan rubrum. You just can't convince them that Candida is a real problem.

Thanks for reading.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.797 sec, (2)