CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Excellent new article from Mercola re: mercury detox

joegrane Views: 4,088
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,025,822

Re: Excellent new article from Mercola re: mercury detox

I assume you are referring to the one by Chris Shade. We had recent discussions on it in yahoo's Adult Metal Chelation.

I still have a problem with the notion that the body's natural detox system is adequate for the high levels of toxins we are exposed to today. I think the increase in cases of autism and some other neurological illnesses suggests that there are problems with the body's natural detox system's ability to handle typical exposure.

Then toxins such as mercury further damage the body's detox and other systems creating a downward spiral.

I doubt that the body's natural detox systems are going to get a medically useful amount of inorganic mercury across the blood brain barrier and out of the brain, especially once a person is sick from Hg.

It certainly makes sense to support the natural detox system but don't fall prey to people who make a living from such products. If you are quite sick from Hg, take the chelators you need to get the Hg and other HMs out safely and effectively.

The more interesting part of the article is what seems to be a new approach to testing. There was not much on exactly what he is doing, but it would be interesting to know more about it. Could he be testing for the various isotopes of mercury?

This is a quote from the site.

"... Probably, the biggest myth that's got to be destroyed immediately is that mercury will stay in your body until you go in there with a chemical chelator and pull it out — that mercury is never removed from the body and it just builds up forever. That is completely a myth. We'd all be dead if that were the case."

"You have a system for moving mercury and other heavy metals out of your body. They may work in different efficiencies for different people, or may be totally
disrupted in some, but you have a [detoxification] system."

It is strange that he does not address the challenges of getting inorganic mercury across the blood brain barrier and out of the brain. Just because the body can get rid of some Hg, it does not mean it is effectively removing Hg from
the most sensitive organs or certain parts of the body that hold on rather tightly.

Also it is strange that he does not mention the chelating ability of lipoic acid. It is of course a natural substance and lots of people using Cutler's protocol have gotten nice gains, including myself.
//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1951581

Joe

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.922 sec, (2)