CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dr. Joel Fuhrman's book "Eat to Live" - Nataway :)

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

Better Than Colonics. Period.
Oxygen Detoxification for both small and large intestine...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
natway Views: 8,838
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,026,491

Re: Dr. Joel Fuhrman's book "Eat to Live" - Nataway :)

Why thanks! That's very kind of you. :)

I know it must be hard for a lot of people to take serious some of the stuff I'm advocating because it seems totally counterintuitive to what conventional wisdom has been saying.

Heck, in my case of having had horrible hypoglycemic-like symptoms and only a diet of heavy meat would seem to bring my symptoms under control, a diet even recommended by all of the alternative practitioners I saw, if someone told me that going on a juice fast would heal me of those horrible symptoms in less than a week and eating a near-vegan diet after would prevent them from ever coming back, I would have thought they were crazy too!

One thing about Dr. Fuhrman I want to mention, even though his advice led to the cure of my hypoG symptoms, which I'm forever indebted, and he's definitely on the right track about a plant-based diet and detoxification, I don't totally agree with his specific diet plan. He advocates basing your meals around nutrient-dense foods, like leafy greens and vegetables, but since those foods are quite low in calories, he recommends eating higher amounts of fats like nuts and seeds to help make up the calorie deficit, making his diet effective low calorie/med carb/med fat. You'll notice he even looks a lot thinner than most of the low fat plant-based diet gurus who are at odds with him about his higher-fat, but lower-calorie diet plan. Fuhrman also thinks legumes are the "perfect food" which baffles me because most people have a hard time digesting legumes. As that jingle goes "Beans, beans, the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you..."

Also puzzling is that he's not against eating large amounts of fruit, like a lot of other high carb/low fat diet gurus who preach more grain-based, but doesn't recommend eating large amounts of fruits either even though they are higher in calories to help make up for the calorie deficit that his greens-based diet brings. He does sell a bunch of supps, so maybe that is the reason and you'll find that is a common theme, regardless of low carb or high carb diets gurus, the one's who don't advocate eating high fruit all seem to sell a lot of supplements. Coincidence?!

But don't let that dissuade you from reading what he has to say because I still think he is mostly right on track.

Right now I'm reading Dr. Doug Graham's 80-10-10 book and being totally blown away by it! I highly recommend everyone check that book out too. I really wish it wasn't winter time because I'd like to try his low-fat raw vegan method of basing your diet on sweet fruits. He warns against grains and cooked foods in general and it's interesting because I've been eating mostly fruits throughout the day and only eating cooked foods for dinner and I always feel heavy, bloated, and tired after eating the cooked foods as if my body is rejecting them.

Dr. Graham also has a fascinating section on adrenal fatigue in that he says that a high-fat diet causes Sugar to stay in the blood longer from the fat coating insulin and your cell's insulin receptors (as everyone has seen me posting about that for awhile now) and that causes your pancreas to start over-working to produce more and more insulin to try to bring your blood Sugar down that's being blocked by all the excess fat. When the pancreas starts getting sluggish and exhausted from that, the adrenal glands have to help pick up the slack by producing epinephrine (adrenaline) to help stimulate the pancreas to increase insulin production. Adding to all that, society is much more stressful these days and that starts over-working your adrenal glands, so coupled with a high-fat diet, it's no wonder everybody's adrenals are giving out!

It's good to read all sides and then trust your instincts and learn from trial-and-error what works best for you. :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.438 sec, (2)