CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dr. Joel Fuhrman's book "Eat to Live" - Nataway :)

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Herbal Tinctures and Supplements
Hulda Clark Cleanses

More
More

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Herbal Tinctures and Supplements
Hulda Clark Cleanses

natway Views: 8,510
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,026,555

Re: Dr. Joel Fuhrman's book "Eat to Live" - Nataway :)

Kinda like that spelling! Rolls off the tongue better. ;) Came up with that name from the words "natural way" and how prophetic it would become in my case. :)

There's your problem in your own words "I feel my cells are starving." Go look at all the low-carb forums and what's their biggest complaints? Carb/sugar cravings and needing stimulants. If your cells don't get the proper amounts of glucose they need, you become tired and your body will start craving sugars. Getting fuel from fats is your backup system when carbs are scarce, but it's more energy taxing and only meant for short term, just like every other of your body's backup systems, like your adrenal glands secreting extra adrenalin when your pancreas gets sluggish and candida eating up the excess Sugar in the blood when too much fat is blocking its absorption.

What I eat now is mostly fruits and green smoothies for breakfast all the way up until dinner and then either a nice big fat salad with only a tsp of olive oil if any at all, or cooked meals of some tubers or grains with leafy greens or cruciferous veggies without salt, but I prefer the raw foods.

I want to try to starting eating 100% raw high fruit 80-10-10 way, because I feel lighter and more energetic afterward than when eating cooked foods and I've never eaten totally raw before. It should be no surprise feeling better like that, because fruits are simple sugars that are easier and quicker to absorb than harder complex carbs from tubers or grains.

The longer you eat low fat, the better you start to feeling on fruits, that's what it's been like for me at least. The hardest thing about fruits now is figuring out how much to buy and timing it out when each type of fruit is going to ripen enough. It sucks to run low on fruit and have to resort to eating more cooked starches when you have bags full of bananas that are still days away from being ripe!

As for "quality protein," I do still eat egg whites, but only one a day max. I really think after all I've been researching that protein is the most over-rated food out there in terms of how much we need and where to get it from and I think the mighty Buffaloes, Gorillas, and Zebras in the wild would agree with me on that. ;)

Perhaps the most shocking thing I've learned from researching nutrition so far is that, for all practical purposes, it's impossible to become protein deficient without also being calorie deficient! There's one medical term that seems to be for protein deficiency without calorie deficiency, but when you read about it, it's so heavily linked to calorie deficiency you have to question if they are indeed separate:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002571/

There's been some experiments where people have been put on a single foods to eat (such as potatoes or rice) for long periods of time and as long as their minimum calorie needs were met, they never developed signs of protein deficiencies and this seems to be consistent because I've researched a lot of people's "horror" stories on the net who ate vegan or raw and complained they were always hungry, lost a ton of weight, and started to lose their hair and stuff as if they weren't getting enough protein and in each case that listed what they ate, it was clear to me they just weren't getting enough calories and when you don't get enough calories you also aren't getting enough protein either!

Now go back and read about what Dr. Fuhrman says why people like me who were experiencing hypoglycemic symptoms felt they had to eat lots of protein in order to feel good and it starts making sense why I improved within days of basically going cold-turkey off a diet high animal protein and fat (no pun intended):

//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1973701#i

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.561 sec, (2)