CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dr. Joel Fuhrman's book "Eat to Live" - Nataway :)

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
natway Views: 8,721
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,026,750

Re: Dr. Joel Fuhrman's book "Eat to Live" - Nataway :)

Hi lalobear,

In my response to Marie above, I researched that it is nearly impossible to be protein deficient without also being calorie deficient. I'm not sure how you ate when you were high carb/near-vegetarian, but the three biggest mistakes experienced vegetarians/vegans have said they made were (1) didn't eat enough (2) ate too much fat (3) ate too much processed veggie foods. Those who truly ate low fat, like on any of the 80-10-10 style diets, their biggest mistake was simple not eating enough.

Women seem to have the toughest time with these diets from what I researched because women are generally more concerned about staying "skinny" in our unfair male-dominated societies and make the mistake of choosing too low of a calorie minimum per day and there's also a lot of confusion amongst the vegetarian communities of how many calories one should eat per day.

Btw, Dr. Doug Graham is not a big fan of juicing as I'm reading because it's not a "whole" food anymore and not very high in calories for someone on a low fat diet. Not that juicing doesn't have its benefits, it essentially cured me, but he seems to say juicing should only be for short-term stuff and not a regular thing. He recommends blending, like green smoothies, over juicing.

I'm also looking at Dr. Wilson's diet, seems to be on the low side of calories with basing it so much on cooked vegetables and it definitely doesn't have enough carbs per day IMO.

I also want to point out again that even though I recommend people go in the direction of 80-10-10 style diets, that doesn't mean going totally raw or totally vegetarian. If you felt you needed red meat, you definitely could include that, just in small amounts. I've been averaging more than 60 g of protein per day with only one egg's worth of egg whites every other couple of days. All other foods have amino acids in them.

Don't know if any of the above resonated with you about your previous high carb veggie diet, but hope some of it helped clarify some of the confusion. I had to research a lot because it was all confusing to me too.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

5.891 sec, (2)