CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dr. Wilson's High Vegetable Diet

purplepixie Views: 8,501
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,026,767

Re: Dr. Wilson's High Vegetable Diet

I think Wilson's diet suggestions are FAB for anyone trying to lose weight - but if it's weight gain that is needed, the diet is far too low in calories.

Vegetables contain few calories - even a plateful. I love all veggies and was actually eating the ratio's that Wilson suggests for a slow oxidiser even before i got the hair test results...eating those ratio's for at least 2 yrs prior to crashing. Although cooked vegetables are considered high in carbs - they actually contain very few calories in comparison to complex carbs.

Obviously someone working in an office compared to a landscape gardener require different calorie intakes.

In order for me to get 2,500 calories from the WIlson's diet i would need to eat 6 meals per day of his ratio's. Hardly something someone with extreme fatigue can manage.

The body either oxidises glucose or fat for fuel. A low complex carb and low fat diet provides extremely little 'fuel' for the body to run on for a whole day.

6-7% complex carbs & 7-8% fats is a ratio that will confuse the body which to use for fuel - we have to have a majority one or the other as a 'priority' fuel. The NB Practitioner you use Marie, Theresa Vernon has a indepth article on it on her webpage..(she is an Atkin's high fat follower which helped her recover)

I appreciate this 'slow oxidiser' diet of WIlson's works for some - but for myself who's always had majority vegetables and smaller protein/fat/fruit/complex carbs - all i've done is head into burn-out full force while losing weight at the same time on such a diet and have had to change my ratio's severely to stop my body digesting itself: currently have plumped up to 45kg by NOT following WIlson's diet recommendations and starting to feel improvements in energy.(I've been in bed for months most of the time, now i am 'doing stuff' with improved mental clarity - early days!)

This thread is testament to the fact that there is not one golden diet ratio that works for all...even pertaining to certain health imbalances like AF.
Perhaps blood types are a factor? Personally have not gone down that route. But certainly there seems to be more to recovery than just following diet recommendations from one 'generally' successful practitioner.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

3.078 sec, (2)