CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: what u think

mike355 Views: 2,576
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,032,191

Re: what u think

Hey all,

I thought I would chime in here. For the past couple months - especially during the Christmas holidays when I was off of work - I was committed to leaving my lips alone. This included letting them build up and, of course, taking the risk of inducing more trauma from the accidental ripping/falling off of the crusts and build up. This just left deep raw patches of skin that left the lips inflamed.

I believe I began moisturizing my lips the same time as Daniel. My problem areas lie in the inner portion of the lips - not the outer. Both my doctor and dermatologist suggested keeping it moisturized and said the lips would stabilize in a month or two (obviously the dry Canadian winter air I'm experiencing right now is not helping much). My derm said the lips will still peel and build up, but because we're keeping them moisturized, it won't cause any trauma when they do come off. She said the peeling will eventually stop once inflammation is down and the lips have been fully healed.

Anyways, lips look normal, lips feel normal and lips are healing (I can see the affected areas slowly becoming smaller). All while leaving them alone (as in, leaving the build up, which is now only a very thin layer that sits on top of the lip).

I'm using Ceralip lip repair cream which contains beeswax and a few oils (what I don't like about this is that it doesn't have anything that promotes healing, such as essential vitamins). So I've gotten some Aquaphor lip repair cream (which the derm initially recommended - although she said any moisturizer will do) which contains vitamin c and e, as well as other oils that could do the skin good. So we'll see how that goes.

Good luck everyone!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

3.641 sec, (1)