CureZone   Log On   Join
Question re: do's n don'ts of Lip care

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
Evrythngfine Views: 1,184
Published: 8 years ago

Question re: do's n don'ts of Lip care

This may be dumb or obvious but I guess I'm wondering about the day to day nuances of living with EC and the 'leave alone' method and avoiding lip trauma. I have read many posts but still would like to know if I have the basics down.

This is what I have gathered: Avoid food touching lips, avoid hot drinks, use straws, try to avoid water in shower. Don't pick, touch or lick. Moisturize, be gentle, melt creams if necessary and trim when needed. Get exercise, be social, don't be a hermit and try to be positive and patient.
I do still talk and smile, I work with public and can't have a frozen face. Do you all avoid talking? If crusts look nasty (food or whatever) would soap and water be detrimental? If I don't drink with straws all the time am I screwed? I am also finding keeping lips dry in shower a bit difficult.
Any tips I missed would be helpful. My crusts seem to be sticky like glue to my lips when I moisturize and they hurt but I pretty sure the skin underneath is raw. Thanks for reading.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

2.484 sec, (1)