CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: what u think

Healing2021 Views: 2,554
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,032,659

Re: what u think

JSL,

Ive come to the conclusion that my lips have completely stopped building up and peeling. Meaning they look completely normal except for the inflammation which is going down. And they dont go white in water etc. etc. Completely normal except the inflammation.

When I said inflammation I meant that the same area that once built up and peeled still has that reddish, tender skin. But both the redness and tenderness seems to be going down slowly.

And I think it was just keeping them constantly moist and not peeling them that has shown me the improvement. I have ONLY been using Aquaphor for the past few weeks and they have just been getting better. I now 100% believe that this is an inflammatory reaction to me biting my lips and that the constant trauma (peeling) just feeds the inflammation. And in order to bring back a state of normalcy to our lips we need to stop all trauma for an extended period of time. And this is now being said by a bunch of dermatologists which is relieving. And also it seems as though many derms have said this all along but we called them stupid, which may have been unjustified. (Im guilty of this)

And I disagree. Our reaction to this treatment is much different than peoples reaction to the "leave it alone" treatment. Everyone's "belief" that they were on the right track while doing the "leave it alone" was really just being optimistic and having hope. Because nobody was seeing any true improvement (except Daniel over 10+ months). But our reaction to this current treatment is COMPLETELY based on actual improvement, not hopes and dreams. Which makes is completely opposite in my opinion.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

3.391 sec, (1)